In general, tattoos are priced based on size, placement and intricacy of the design. For some designs I will charge by the hour, while other will have a set price. I am always happy to discuss my rates and give you an price estimate at the time of our consultation. Please keep in mind that large-scale designs like sleeves and back-pieces will require multiple sessions. Each session usually lasts 2-3 hours unless unforeseen circumstances arise. There is a 2 week minimum between sessions that allows tattoo to heal sufficiently to be worked near again.
Deposits are a minimum of $100 and can be paid in cash or through PayPal. The non-refundable deposit goes toward the cost of the tattoo and holds your appointment time. Deposits will be forfeited if you are more than a half an hour late without notifying me or you cancel your appointment less than 72 hours in advance.
Prior to getting tattooed
- Moisturize the area.
- Do not drink alcohol in excess the night before.
- No tanning (including self-tanner).
- If you are healthy your skin will be healthy and will promote good healing.
- Eat well.
- Bring a drink (something hydrating).
- No weight training or extreme-sports (due to swelling).
- Our small studio may not be able to accommodate your friends/family/significant others so please come alone.
- Do not touch the tattoo area.
- Always remember to breathe.
Aftercare in 6 Easy Steps!
- Remove bandage in 3 hours.
- Using your hands, wash the area with a fragrance-free soap and very warm water. Rinse well to remove all soap. You may blot dry with soft paper towel but DO NOT RUB.
- DO NOT re-bandage.
- Apply a VERY thin layer of Aquaphor ointment, 3 times daily, and AFTER washing the area. It is very important that your tattoo does NOT appear wet and gooey from the ointment, and it’s better to be too dry than to be too moist.
- After 3 days, continue the washing process but replace the Aquaphor with a fragrance-free lotion. At this point, your tattoo may begin to peel or flake. You may keep washing the tattoo three times daily for up to two weeks or whenever it begins to peel/flake, whichever comes first. When the peeling/flaking begins then washing it at least once daily will suffice.
- We recommended using Aquaphor for 3 days and then switch to a fragrance-free moisturizer for the next 2 weeks or until the new tattoo loses its shine and your skin appears to be close to in its original state.
Things to avoid while healing
- Try not to sleep on your tattoo, especially for the first 3 nights when your tattoo is weepy. This will irritate the tattoo and may lead to it sticking to your clothes or linens. If your tattoo does stick to anything while you’re asleep, do not rip the stuck material away from your skin. Instead soak the stuck area with warm soapy water and remove the material slowly and gently. Then wash the tattoo thoroughly according to the aftercare instructions.
- Always keep your tattoo protected from the sun. You may begin using sunblock after the tattoo is healed.
- Your tattoo will remain bright, crisp and clear if you take care of your skin. Remember, your tattoo can only look as good as your skin, so continue to moisturize daily and protect it from the sun.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes on your new tattoo.
- Avoid strenuous exercises that include body areas recently tattooed. You may do light gym activities but avoid any exercises that will cause rubbing or tightness. Overworking the tattooed area can result in swelling, scabbing and poor healing.
- Sweating is OK, but wash the tattoo immediately after any light workouts.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call the studio 718-387-9673 or Email:BettyRoseTattoos@Gmail.com